Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Boxing Day Hunt




No not for foxes, for an earring. I shouldn't have been tempted to do a cartwheel on the track - following the bad example set by Harry and Esther. In spite of two fingertip searches by Eyes-peeled Esther and Hell-hound Harry, we haven't found the earring. Esther assures me it was not expensive, nor irreplaceable. Here are the hunters, along with Adrian, and then I popped in to join them.



That tripod is fun.

Later we did see some intrepid shooters along the track. Four 4 x 4s, a dozen people and their dogs. The only game I could see was one pheasant. That food must have had one hell of a carbon footprint. At a push, I'll accept that at least it'll be eaten, and the pheasant probably had a better life than battery poultry.

2 comments:

Quillers said...

Hubby shoots at competition level, but won't hunt animals. He says he'll only hunt animals when they've learned to shoot back at him.

Pity about the earring though. I hope it wasn't too expensive.

aliqot said...

Now, that makes the shooting field rather more level.

As for the earring, alas, I am not allowed to wear expensive jewellery unless it is very firmly attached. I am not to be trusted -far too easily distracted into the moment. I did think of taking the other one and see if it could call its mate...