Monday, December 03, 2007

Starting again...

Ok, forget all the French stuff, I'll keep that to another blog, just to keep my brain functioning.
Interesting report from Compassion in World Farming that I want to remember - not that I can pretend to be purest of the pure in any way, as I balance other considerations, such as price and how much petrol I use driving to the supermarket. My nearest ones are Asda and Somerfield. Somerfield doesn't have not such a good selection, but at least they're based in UK. ASDA, part of the infamous Walmart "family" (cringe, cringe), cheap good selection, but notorious for poor labour relations in the US, and predatory pricing. They refused to take part in the survey.
Hmm.

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/supermarkets/

Maybe it's poetic justice, but I just tried to heat up some frozen croissants from ASDA. They'd been left open in the freezer and they were dried out (I should have left the typo - dired). So we've spent the money there, and wasted it, and they've bitten back. Ho hum.

Beautiful day, so I did my frequent walk along the farm track out towards Kirby Hall - I wore the step counter, since I was curious, but it refused to register my steps - why? Since I changed at home it seems fine. Must be the trousers I was wearing, or or...
All the other people out were dog-walkers, and of course the guy who rides the bike and lets his dog walk.

No comments: