Sunday, January 06, 2008

Cycling mini-rant

We went out for a quiet cycle ride today, along the country roads.

I stopped to take a couple of photos, and just then, a car rushed by at high speed, its horn blaring. No one else in sight, and I was well off to the other side of the road. I'm afraid my immediate response was the traditional two fingers in the air. Then I started worrying about them coming back full of rage. They didn't. Of course it could just have been someone letting off steam after a family row....

About fifteen minutes later, another speed merchant came along a different road, and somehow I found my arm making rude signs again (you know the fist to forehead one). Maybe I should have waggled my pinky, as these Australian campaigners do.
Luckily I got away with it again. Maybe motorists really don't see cyclists?
Memo to self - remember you're the little guy when you're on a bike.

No comments: