Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Allow me to whine . . .

February saw us in Leeds for superb performances of two short operas - Falla's La Vida Breve and Puccini's Gianni Schicchi. See Guardian review.


The next day we met Dan and family at the outdoor ice rink. Fool that I was, I decided to give it a go, for the first time in five years, since I broke my femur roller blading. This cartoon someone posted on facebook seems appropriate -

Alas, after twenty minutes of sheer enjoyment, I crashed down and fell on my right arm. Distal radius fracture, involving plaster cast, then brace, and I am still having difficulty with forming a fist - so not yet able to drive. Grrr!
Me and my "blue swan"

That's four months. To be fair it is improving- with the help and encouragement of the local hand therapy department. I can now open doors, carry cups and plates, play the keyboard and the recorder, and knit.
I'm very lucky that I have Harry to drive me about, and that my walking pals are happy to act as chauffeur, especially if I plan and lead the walks. At least the wrist hasn't interfered with that activity.
A bare-wristed me

OK, whining over for now!!

No comments: